Gentlemen: We have a change of plans.

Yesterday was an unusual day. Within the span of less than one hour, two of the hosts of the Khaki Cup (Joe and Johnny) called me and announced to me that their wives were pregnant and due around the time we had planned the cup. As a matter of fact Joe Gillespie’s wife Tammy is due the day before, what was planned as, round 1 of the Cup. Since my wife is due in June it really creates a tight situation. I was planning on launching this blog to let everyone know the details about this year’s competition at Bandon Dunes. Instead, I am announcing that we will be having a change of plans.

Our thought right now is to have a mid-October Khaki Cup right here in Austin, TX. And, why not? This is the 10th year anniversary of the Cup and it all began in Austin, so why not come full circle and play here again. Joe and I will be working on the logistics of the 2009 event and let you know as soon as possible. As for courses, we are thinking Wolfdancer in Bastrop and Barton Creek and its 3 courses ought to be a perfect option, but we will see.

This blog and our private Facebook group page will be the new forum for everything Khaki Cup you'd care or need to know about. We already have 16 members to our Facebook group, sign up if you care to be informed and entertained. No more chain multi CC'ed emails back and forth blowing up everyone's email inboxes.

And, in case you were wondering, we do plan on returning to Bandon Dunes in 2010 which will work out quite nicely as the new Old MacDonald course will be fully open for play.

Captain Chriznak.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I planned around the Khaki cup as I made sure the birth of my child would not interfere with the sacredness of the cup. Khaki, my son will be due in March that way I can tend to my wife and child for just the right amount of time before I take my aggression out of Kent Weise in the finals at any course in Oregon or Texas (just not CA)!!!